An excellent opportunity has been created for an M&E Service & Maintenance Estimator to work for an extremely stable and productive Building Services Contractor conveniently situated in The City.
Independently owned Building Services Contractor boasting a healthy pipeline of secured projects including a high portfolio of repeat business from Clients who have returned for over 50 years.
The Directors and shareholders are visible daily and play an integral role with developing and maintaining a highly successful and profitable business.
The office is modern and owned outright providing extra stability where staff average over 15 years’ service.
Training and CPD is strongly supported, many individuals within the business have progressed from Apprentices to fulfil their career paths.
Working alongside a Senior Estimator, reporting to the Commercial Manager assessing new business opportunities, preparation of responses, onward negotiation, mobilisation & handover of successful tenders within Building Services M&E Service & Maintenance. Also, ongoing review of existing contracts.
Duties & Responsibilities to include:
- Working closely with the Commercial team on a day-to-day basis managing all aspects of M&E pricing / cost modelling for each bid opportunity.
- Collaborating with others articulating ideas and viewpoints to resolve issues
- Prepare data and costings for the tender submissions working alongside the Commercial Manager
- Site visits as needed to compile accurate info for proposals
- Ensure the timely delivery of compliant and commercially sound bids
- Complete all relevant bid paperwork including creation of Method statements, risk/issues register and other Bid documents.
- Deliver fully costed roadmap of the service line to operations through the mobilisation process
- Prepare submissions in the agreed format consistent with the company branding
- Manage handover of successful bids to the Operations team
- Provide feedback and responses for the delivery team to assist with any post tender queries
- Preparing the cost components of the proposal, including understanding of the scope, planning and personnel in partnership with the Commercial Manager
- Attend meetings with Clients, Management team and relevant stakeholders as required
- Manage the supply chain to ensure competitive quotes are obtained
- Ensure supply chain quotes are checked to ensure compliance with the tender documents
- Manage tender clarifications throughout the bid process
- Ability to be able to labour load Service Contracts in accordance with SFG20 or similar industry standard
- Visit site as required to conduct and complete a full asset Dilapidation report
- Support and chair the handover of the successful bid to the Operations team as part of the Mobilisation process
- Support and lead the PQQ process as issued by Clients
You will have 2-4 years’ experience within the M&E Maintenance sector, within a similar Estimating role.
Proven track record with bid estimating and project management delivering technical projects.
Strong financial and commercial acumen with ability to analyse complex data and an ability to present proposals both internally and external.
Proven track record of profitable / winning bids and good time management and experience of working to tender deadlines.
- Salary circa. £45/50k.
- Option to join the Private Healthcare Scheme.
- 23 Days Holiday progressing to 26 after 1 years’ service.
- Life Assurance / Death in service.
- Flexible / Hybrid working – Office / Work from home.
- Annual Bonus (Regularly paid).
- Training / Support / CPD.