Sustainability Team Leader (Principal / Associate Level)
I have an excellent opportunity for a Principal or Associate level Sustainability Engineer to join an award-winning Energy, Sustainability and Building Services Consultancy.
As a key member of the senior management team, you'll report to the MD and be responsible for leading the Energy and Sustainability team, on a diverse range of projects up to £100M.
- Manage the Energy & Sustainability team and to ensure all projects remain profitable.
- Oversee the preparation and submission of BREEAM assessments, Energy Statements, Energy audits, ESOS, SCER and SAP / SBEM calculations by the team.
- Produce fee proposals and tenders.
- Prepare written reports for sustainability / DTMs.
- Develop and maintain client relationships.
- Promote low or zero carbon sustainable buildings, innovation.
- Research and integrate new or disruptive technologies into projects.
- Act as the main point of contact for all Sustainability and Building Physics queries.
- Oversee the team of specialist Thermal Modellers, BREEAM and LEED Consultants and Energy Engineers.
- Deliver workshops to architects and clients on sustainable building design and energy policy.
- Provide ideas to the board of Directors for the continuous improvement of the Energy and Sustainability business unit.
- Attend CPDs and maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the changes in Energy and Sustainability.
- Degree in Engineering or Environmental Engineering.
- Proficient at Energy & Sustainability or Building Physics/Modelling
- Expert knowledge in Planning Policies, Embodied Carbon and the Circular Economy.
- BREEAM accredited.
- Ideally a registered Non-Domestic Energy assessor.
- Ideally some previous experience undertaking ESOS or SCER or daylight modelling.