Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer - To £45K
Due to a recent internal promotion we are now looking for an additional Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer for our London office. We describe ourselves as a collaborative group of MEP Engineers, architects and designers who partner with our clients from a very early design stage and always encourage the use of innovative, passive and low energy solutions.
We are not a "copy and paste" engineering firm and treat every project and client as unique and always aspire to set new industry standards or create lower energy buildings than our competitors.
Based in the design hub of London we offer a relaxed office environment, flexible working hours, a lot of autonomy and treat every member of staff equally.
Reporting to an Associate or Principal you will assist with the following;
- Design of HVAC and above ground water services.
- Assisting with dynamic thermal modelling.
- Designing HVAC services directly in Revit.
- Attending DTM's and preparing hand sketches to illustrate concepts.
- Using your awareness of Building Physics and good environmental to design low-energy and low carbon buildings.
- Producing specifications and schedules.
- Monitoring projects during the installation stage to ensure our original design intent has been met.
- Witnessing the commissioning prior to handover.
- Carrying out POE's to compare how the building is actually performing.
If you'd like to be part of our continued success, have at least three years' experience in a similar role and are as passionate about good MEP design as we are; then please get in touch.
We appreciate that to get the best people we need to offer the best employee benefits package so we offer up to 30 days leave ( Bank Holidays), Private healthcare, pension, 4 x life assurance, flexible working hours, annual bonus, employee referral program, payment of professional memberships, free fruit and free tea and coffee and a cycle to work scheme and subsidised gym membership.
Keywords; Ventilation, Building Services, HVAC, Sustainability, Environmental Engineering, Heating, Cooling, Energy Efficiency, Building Energy Modeling, Renewable Energy. Revit MEP Modeling, Building Performance, Building Physics, MEP Design, Hevacomp, IES, EDSL TAS,