Director of Engineering - to £95,000 c. 20% Bonus Package
Human Capital Solutions are looking for an experienced leader in M&E Design services, who is looking for an opportunity to shape the future of a well-established consultancy firm.
We are looking for a Director of Engineering for a leading M&E design consultancy firm with 30 years of experience in the energy sector. They specialise in providing energy efficiency, carbon management, and cost reduction solutions to clients in various industries, including Commercial, Residential, Education, and Industrial.
As the Director of Engineering, you will be responsible for the management and successful delivery of all M&E Design services. This includes overseeing M&E Design (RIBA Stages 1-7), Siteworks & EV Infrastructure and relevant consultancy projects.
Additionally, you will play a pivotal role in leading product development to help them maintain and grow their position within the evolving engineering services market.
- Oversee and control the departmental budget for all Engineering Services.
- Maintain financial controls and governance to ensure profitability and achievement of targets.
- Manage and grow technical partnerships, fostering relationships for growth opportunities.
- Build and maintain a revenue-generating engineering services pipeline across the customer base.
- Own and develop the Engineering service offering, ensuring technically viable solutions and analysis.
- Guide organisations through engineering requirements, from feasibility to construction and operation.
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate engineering and infrastructure initiatives.
- Lead and mentor a team, fostering a culture of personal and professional growth.
- Define KPIs to monitor service quality, customer satisfaction, and team performance.
- Stay abreast of industry best practices and emerging technologies related to engineering and infrastructure services.
- Identify innovative tools/software and strategies to enhance service offerings and maintain a competitive edge.
- 10-15 years leadership experience in a similar engineering role
- Exceptional technical knowledge and the ability to communicate that knowledge to clients'
- Extensive experience in energy reduction
- Degree or equivalent in building services engineering
- Salary up to £95,000
- Bonus Scheme c.20% paid quarterly
- Additional bonus for new business bought to the group
- 23 days Holiday (rising to 25 after 5 years of service)
- 8% pension contribution
- EOT fund
If you are ready to take on a leadership role that offers job security, the opportunity to make a real impact on energy reduction, and the chance to contribute to addressing climate change, please get in touch.