The world is changing!! Our Client is responding!!
If you are an M&E Project Manager looking to escape Sub-Contracting , come to the “other side” I want to hear from you!
An opportunity has been created for a client-facing MEP Project Manager with a strong Building Services background working with a Financial Services Client for a major refurbishment project in London. They have an existing in-house team of Architects and Building Services Engineers who design and implement new build and refurbishment projects which can range extensively in scale.
You will have the flexibility of working between the Client office (site) and home. It is envisaged that the role will become more site-based during construction. It will be advantageous to you to have the capacity to work from home safely and in compliance with the DSE regulations.
You be able to demonstrate experience in managing construction (with an MEP focus) of live, listed buildings (Grade I or II). Have experience in a client facing role providing project management services (in particular strategic, front-end planning). Administering the JCT suite of contracts either as the Employer's Agent (JCT D&B) or Contract Administrator (JCT SBC).
Show a complete track record of delivering projects during all lifecycle phases using best practice project management standards with awareness or appreciation of construction management & methodologies (i.e. phasing and sequencing of construction activities as well as enabling works required to mitigate issues surrounding noisy and dusty works in an occupied building)
Your responsibilities will include:
- Act as Agent to the Client in all construction project management activity. Projects are typically defined as works exceeding £50k in value for the purposes of this contract and range in value from £50k to £8m.
- Advise on the recommended procurement route and project schedule as required
- Responsible for the fit-out / construction schedule (using Microsoft Project) incorporating phasing and sequencing of works and details on staff transition/relocation plan.
- Liaise with and co-ordinate the design and construction team and manage the overall Design, Construction and completion of the Project.
- Acquire from the consultants, Main Contractor, Trade Contractors and others all documents, drawings, maps, models, photographs and other records necessary for the proper performance of the Project Management Services.
- Provide information emanating from the Client and its advisers to the consultants and to the Main Contractor from time to time to enable them to carry out their respective duties.
- Maintain schedules of progress and review meetings and keep Client informed of same, attend all meetings called by the Client in relation to the Project.
- Provide such assistance as the Client may reasonably require in pursuing each remedy that it may have against any Main Contractor, Trade Contractor or his consultants.
- Advise the Client of any material breach, of which the Project Manager becomes aware, by any of the consultants of any of their respective obligations in relation to the Project.
- Ensure that that all projects comply with CDM 2015, and that all legislation and regulations have been adhered to.
- Arrange for all necessary investigations of the Site to be carried out (including, but not limited to, line and level survey, rights of light, party walls.).
Liaise with internal and external stakeholders on the following:
- Review and approve RAMS / liaise with the Front of House team to send out comms prior to any works being carried out.
- Coordinate and align resources with FM and security team prior to any works being carried out.
- Work closely with Cost Consultants to manage cost, address any commercial issues, and monitor project progress & cash flow.
- Work closely with MEP Consultants to manage project scope and resolve any technical issues.
- Work closely with internal Procurement team to appoint consultants and contractors, and procure client direct materials/items, etc.
- Periodic reporting to Project Sponsor (Head of Projects).