Assistant Mechanical and Electrical Estimators - Suffolk
Feeling undervalued, not getting the support and career development you desire?
Want to join a practice where you are strongly encouraged to succeed?
Working alongside the Head of Estimating for a turnkey M&E Contractor based near Newmarket in Suffolk, you will be fully supported by Senior Estimators in the preparation and submittal of tenders typically ranging from £200k - £10m. In-house training and external courses will also be offered.
The business has been particularly successful in securing many new projects in 2021 and have an extremely healthy pipeline of enquires and secured work moving forward.
You will live within North Essex, Cambridgeshire and be able to demonstrate a basic understanding of the Estimating including determining material and labour costs (as well as overheads), preparing and submitting project bids.
Duties will include:
· Identifying and building up cost estimates by analysing the materials and labour needed to complete projects.
· Liaising and communicating effectively with customers, suppliers and sub-contractors.
· Reviewing residential, industrial and commercial building plans in order to determine the Mechanical or Electrical needs of a project.
· Reviewing supplier prices in order to determine how much each individual element costs and then negotiating to establish the best prices.
· Ability to analyse and assess multiple data points, including drawings, material costs and timelines to deliver an accurate estimate on time and within budget.
· High analytical and mathematical skills which requires an estimator to ensure that their calculations are accurate and correct to keep jobs profitable.
· Determining the potential profitability of projects to assist management in making sound bidding decisions.