Intermediate Electrical Design Engineer - To £40K
Due to ongoing growth, I'm looking for an Intermediate Electrical Design Engineer to join the Building Services department of this medium sized, multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy.
You'll enjoy working on a fascinating range of projects including hotels on behalf of the Hilton, Fit Outs on behalf of the Royal Academy of Dance, large scale masterplans or regeneration projects as well as a range of universities and schools.
As an Intermediate Electrical Design Engineer, you'll be responsible for all the usual day-to-day duties including both office and site-based duties, liaising with clients, suppliers and with colleagues throughout the company.
- Carry out conceptual design studies producing design schemes and deliverables such as design philosophies. (includes but not limited to: lighting, fire alarm, small power, general services and LV board and distribution design)
- Carry out detailed electrical engineering including preparation of calculations and drawings for the full range of electrical building services design
- Review submissions and installations for compliance with design intent and good engineering practice.
- Witness commissioning activities, trials and factory acceptance tests for compliance with design intent.
- Provide support to proposals as required.
- Liaise with the other inhouse disciplines.
- Manage your own time to ensure you produce your deliverables on time.
- Degree / HND in Electrical Engineering or Building Services Engineering.
- Member of the IET or CIBSE
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Amtech or Revit.
- Aware of energy generation, distribution systems and renewables.