Business Development Manager - To £80K Package Training
I'm working with a Building Services and Sustainability Consultancy based in London to find them a Buisness Development Manager / Head of Business Development.
Reporting to the MD and working closely with the Mechanical and Electrical Directors, and also the Director of Sustainability and Environmental Engineering; you'll be responsible for developing medium and long-term business growth strategies.
This is an exciting opportunity as it's a brand-new role, as typically Business Development has mainly been the Directors responsibility. So you'll have the opportunity of growing this department and also have a huge influence into the continued growth and success of this consultancy.
You'll be rewarded for any additional new clients that you bring on board and have a realistic monthly and yearly sales target. However please bear in mind, they are a very well-established brand-new Building Services Consultancy and already have a very stable pipeline of work across the commercial, healthcare, mixed-use and residential sectors.
- Building and develop client relationships with Development Managers, Project Managers Architects and Quantity Surveyors.
- Actively promote our capabilities, unique selling points and the key sectors we operate in.
- Arrange external sales and marketing meetings for managers.
- Develop an integrated sales and marketing business plan.
- Set individual and business targets.
- Track leads, bids and converted opportunities.
- Track missed sales opportunities, understand why we were not successful on this occasion
- Maintain and keep current leads for pipeline reporting.
- Assist with the recruitment of a Marketing assistant to help you with branding and content
- Track industry trends and communicate these, and new ideas to the Directors.
- Work closely with senior management PQQ's/Tenders
- Carryout client feedback reviews and meetings and report feedback to senior management team.
- Keep us informed of webinars or networking events.
- Undertake CPD so that you continue to develop as an individual.
- Organising campaigns and develop new marketing strategies.
- Post exciting and relevant content online and social media.
- Assist with the recruitment of a Marketing assistant
- Ensure our brand and "look" remains current and linked with our business values.
- Managing the marketing budget.
- Ongoing management of photo library.
- At least five years' experience as a BDM (Business Development Manager)
- Previous experience working within the built environment, within Building Services, Architecture, Civil or Structural Engineering, QS or Sustainability etc.
- Good understanding of both business development and marketing / creative skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office, Adobe InDesign/Photoshop or equivalent.