Head of Life Cycle Analysis and Embodied Carbon - To £70K Package
As the Head of Life Cycle Analysis and Embodied Carbon, you'll lead a team of experts in sustainability, building physics, environmental analysts and building performance engineers.
Drawing from their diverse backgrounds ranging from architecture, building services engineering, pure mathematics, physics, and environmental engineering; you'll develop a very holistic understanding of the built environment.
This diversity allows them to provide a unique and innovative insights and market-leading advice sustainability in design, construction and in operation.
Key elements of the role will involve.
- Leading Life Cycle Analysis (LCA) and embodied carbon assessments in collaboration with the architectural and building services engineering disciplines.
- Developing sustainability strategies with clients and internal teams.
- Producing sustainability statements to support planning applications.
- Mentoring and developing the engineers and analysts.
- Setting internal sustainability targets.
- Applying BREEAM, WELL, LEED and/or other environmental rating tools to projects.
- Carrying out IES VE modelling to include energy modelling, Part L compliance, thermal comfort assessment and daylight analysis.
- Promoting industry initiatives such as LETI, a circular economy and whole life carbon.
- Promoting the use of modular construction and Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (DfMA) or other Modern Methods of Construction. (MMC)
- Undertaking your own research or reading on sustainability, emerging technologies, or energy legislation.
- Delivering internal and external seminars or sustainability workshops to clients and key stakeholders.
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of a few environmental benchmarking tools such as LEED, Well, BREEAM, Nabers or Passivhaus.
- Carrying out Post Occupancy Evaluations (POE) to see how the building or development operates in use, compared to the initial simulation or prediction.
- Ensuring all new information or findings are fed back into the next design, this ensuring continuous innovation within the built environment.
- Global, design led multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy.
- Reputation for innovation and integrated design.
- Inclusive and supportive culture.