Electrical / Senior Electrical Engineer - £45 to £55K Package Flexible working
Residential and Hotel projects. Love them or hate them?
Although it's not all they do, a large portion of the projects this 30 strong, global building services and sustainability consultancy are currently working on, include super prime residential developments, luxury hotels and residential led mixed use developments.
However, prior to Covid-10 they have also designed numerous low energy eco lodges, museums, galleries, artists' studios, commercial offices, places of worship, ultra-low energy schools, universities and true, net zero masterplans.
So, if you do join and can handle working on residential projects for the first few months, it won't be long before you'll get involved in a greater variety of projects again.
Established over a decade ago, their mission was to improve the building services industry by training their Engineers to develop a better, holistic understanding of architecture, sustainability, energy and MEP.
Rather than just getting involved in either concept, or detail design they always partner with clients or architects from feasibility; all the way through construction and post occupancy. By staying connected with their clients and the buildings they've designed and understanding how they operate in use, rather than just during the design stages; they are able to truly design low energy buildings that really enhance people's lives and promote health and well-being.
The four founding Directors all remain hands on and are all very down to earth, friendly and supportive individuals that are always available to help or guide you.
Reporting to the Electrical Director, you'll work closely with in the team of seven electrical Engineers, you'll integrate sustainability into MEP Design from the earliest possible stage of a project.
- Liaising with multi-disciplinary design teams on complex projects.
- Promoting sustainability, innovation, digital technology and automation within the built environment.
- Developing and agreeing client briefs, including scope and programme
- Design and coordination of Electrical services on Projects.
- Leading projects to completion, typically up to two or three at a time.
- Mentoring and developing the Graduate or Junior Engineers.
- Developing relationships with architects, project managers, cost consultants, specialist designers and contractors.
- Presenting concepts and ideas and projects to both internal staff and external clients.
- Preparing sketches, drawings or outline designs for the Revit team to finalise.
- Complete project quality assurance including check reports, review calculations and chair technical design reviews
- Providing technical supervision on projects, using specialist software for calculations, interpreting standards and regulations and ensuring compatibility of diﬀerent systems
- At least four years' experience in a similar role.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Good all-round experience or awareness of ELV, BMS and Home Automation, LV Distribution, Security & Access Control, Fire Alarm and Smoke Control, IT Networks, TV and Video Distribution and Lighting Control.
- Ideally some experience designing onsite renewable energy systems such as PV's etc.
- Keen interest in the built environment and good architecture.
- Loads of flexibility and autonomy, basically just do what you said you'd do in the time you said you'd do it and you'll be left alone to get on with it.
- A "one-team culture" where everyone is always willing to help to provide you with the support you need.
- Super chilled office environment, relaxing background music and further complimented by a relaxed dress code.
- 24 to 30 days annual leave Bank Holidays.
- Healthcare cover with unlimited out-patient care, unlimited in/day-patient care, dental and eyecare etc.
- Cycle to work scheme (and onsite storage, lockers and showers etc)
- Support to complete additional training and continued professional development.
- Payment of professional membership fees and subscriptions.
- 5% Pension
- Discretionary annual bonus
- A real sense of belonging and the opportunity to influence projects, and the future of the firm.