Intermediate Electrical Design Engineer required for a well-established multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy in Hertfordshire. You'll design design highly resilient electrical services on a range of £5M to £75M projects; and enjoy working on these complex projects from feasibility, concept, detail design to handover.
- Producing concept, preliminary and detailed designs according to the specific project requirements.
- Produce sketches and details that reflect the design calculations
- Develop detailed calculations and functional layouts to meet the criteria outlined.
- Select equipment and materials which will satisfy the design parameters, applicable codes and standards.
- Carry out various site visits and surveys, attend client meetings, perform traditional office based design functions.
- Write technical specifications and then attend site during the construction phase in order to review quality and to resolve unforeseen problems during construction phase.
- Assist with project control, closely monitoring project fee and initial estimated hours versus actual hours. Report back to the Directors on a monthly basis.
- Assist field staff and subcontractors to ensure compliance with drawings and specifications
- Remain informed on the latest developments in technology, equipment and materials so that the designs produced integrate the most effective, economical and solution systems available within this heavily controlled and regulated industry.
- Good understanding of Building Regulations, CIBSE guidelines and British standards.
- Degree qualified in Electrical Engineering or Building Services Engineering.
- Minimum of three years of experience in buildings services.