Senior Energy Engineer - Global, commercial property advisor
We have been instructed by one of the world's largest commercial property advisors and investors to identify an additional Senior Energy Engineer for their London office.
Working as part of their inhouse, dedicated Energy and Sustainability Team you will assist blue chip clients with strategic energy and carbon reduction initiatives across their commercial property portfolio. You will carry out surveys and identify what can be done in order to ensure their assets are performing as efficiently as possible.
- Undertake Energy Audits on a range of existing commercial buildings throughout London and the South East.
- Identify what building services exist (HVAC, Plant, Electrical Services, Lighting, BMS etc) and how they can be optimised
- Liaise with Facility Managers and occupiers and identify occupant behaviours.
- Carry feasibility studies and use modelling software to determine how much energy can be saved.
- Provide recommendations and reports to clients on how they can reduce energy and carbon and also reduce their overall carbon footprint.
- Propose short, medium and long-term initiatives on carbon reduction.
- Once appointed by the client, liaise with specialist consultants and contractors and oversee the projects.
- Use a range of Energy Measurement and verification tools to confirm that energy and carbon have been reduced.
- Liaise with the other inhouse teams of Design Engineers, Asset Engineers, Project Managers and Sustainability Engineers and share knowledge and best practices.
- Promote the groups capabilities to clients, essentially assisting with business development.
- Attend CPD's and relevant events to ensure you stay up to date with technology, legislation and trends.
- Degree qualified.
- At least four years' experience as an Energy Engineer.
- Solid understanding of Energy, existing buildings and HVAC and Electrical Building Services.
- Client facing and commercially aware.
- Able to manage your own time to ensure your projects remain profitable.
- Strong analytical, numerical and problem-solving skills and advanced Excel skills.
- 35-hour week
- 35 days annual leave (Including Bank Holidays)
- 4 x Life Assurance
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Contribution
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Excellent CPD
- Opportunity to work on some of the largest projects in London.
- Discretionary, Annual bonus of circa 10% of basic salary
- Car or Car Allowance