- BMS Commissioning Engineer
- Kent based – Sites predominately London & The South-East with some further afield
- To £45k, Vehicle / Allowance, Pension, 25 Days Holiday
The owners of this business fully support flexibility and provide a great work / life balance.They have remained hands on from Day 1 continuing to strategically improve and strengthen the company with sustained growth within the Building Services sector. The office is modern with an excellent vibe as supporting others has become the norm. Staff retention is proudly displayed, many staff remain employed from inception 10 years ago.
Functions, days out and team building events have featured regularly and ensuring staff wellbeing is paramount.
Established within the Energy Sector working with numerous blue-chip clients. A key part of their development strategy is to supplement the BMS division with key people to allow them to enhance their service offering and assisting the business in future growth therefore servicing larger contracts. They are keen to break the mould by moving away from the traditional BMS approach and establishing new and improved ways of working but still delivering on Client’s expectations. Therefore, you should share their vision of wanting to grow with the business and being part of the long-term career plan.
The role would consist of predominantly site based BMS commissioning work. As they support projects nationwide, the role will require travel and the possibility of staying away if the project dictates. However, they do allocate works in a grouping to ensure the best approach as possible.
- Site commissioning of BMS through to successful client witnessing and handover
- Site BMS/Energy audits
- Site PPM/ Reactive maintenance visits
- Preparation of detailed site survey reports & audits for client submissionProduction and understanding of BMS software (Trend & Siemens PX & PRIVA) for new projects and modification of existing software
- A good underlying electrical and mechanical knowledge
- The ability to understanding the different stages of a project from conception to completion and the roles and responsibility of the BMS within that project
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to use all Microsoft Office packages including Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word as a minimum
- Experience and knowledge of HVAC / Mechanical plant and equipment operation
- Experience of BMS Control Panel design (new and existing panels)
- Fully Trend, Siemens PX and Priva trained – Training can be provided
- Experienced with Integration of 3rd Party Systems (MODBUS/MBus/BACNET)
- Experience of open protocol systems and awareness of new developments & trends in the market.
Health & Safety:
- Be able to demonstrate a good working knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety requirements
- Up to date CSCS Card & SSSTS Card
- Numeracy skills essential
- Excellent timekeeping and presentable
- Excellent communication skills at various levels internal and external
- Problem solving using own resources
- Time management
- The ability to work individually and as part of a team