Senior Mechanical Engineer - £45 - £55K Package
I'm currently looking for a Senior Mechanical (HVAC) Design Engineer for a medium sized, multi-disciplinary consultancy based in central London. They are looking for a technically sound and commercially aware Senior Engineer who can ideally step up into a Principal role within the next 12 - 24 months.
Reporting to the Mechanical Director you will be responsible for taking a lead role technically for all Mechanical projects, mentoring the team, attending DTM's and presentations, assisting with resource allocation and fee proposals and ensuring all projects are designed and delivered well.
- Provide design input for all complex HVAC systems design.
- Meet clients on key projects and present technical solutions.
- Attend internal and external review and progress meetings
- Prepare calculations, analysis, schematics, drawings, diagrams, models, specifications and other documents relating to each project's designs
- Understand resources requirements, risk and technical quality to ensure delivery of effective solutions.
- Plan and execute work packages
- Ensure all HVAC designs are rigorously checked and meet the clients requirements
- Ensure that all mechanical engineering practices on site are kept up to date and within UK safety legislation.
- Provide specialist technical advice and guidance on mechanical issues.
- Ensure consistency of approach across packages.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in HVAC Design, working for a consultancy or design and build contractor.
- Good knowledge of coordination process with Architects/Structural Engineer & Fire Consultant.
- Experience taking packages post tender and managing approvals during construction
- Strong knowledge of residential ventilation systems, district heating, heat interface units, apartment heating and hot and cold water services.
- Knowledge of smoke extract and environmental system ventilation.
- Previous residential, hotel or mixed-use project experience.