Senior Mechanical Design Engineer (Sustainability Practice)
- Start Date
- Location City
- Location Region
- South East
- Salary From
- £55000 - £60000
- Specialist Areas
- Mechanical Building Services Design
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer – London – to £55K to £65K + Pension, Flexible Working
Our client is widely regarded as a UK leader in Green Building Performance. They are incredibly well run, have interesting, sustainably lead projects, a great attitude to staff wellbeing and happiness and are very much a business in the ascendency.
- Current projects range from £2M to £500M and include Commercial, Education, Healthcare, Leisure, Regeneration and Retail schemes throughout the world
- Committed to minimising bureaucracy to allow engineers to design - not fill in forms/spreadsheets
- Fully accredited and approved CIBSE Training Plan
- Committed to be fully Revit and BIM compliant within next 6 months (currently 80% achieved)
- Winner of the CIBSE Performance Awards
- Committed to growing their business by promoting to Senior level and beyond
- 80% of Senior roles within the business derived from internal promotions
- Very low staff turnover
- In the past 12 months – 7 engineers supported through and achieved CEng status
Their London office employs 50+ Engineers with additional resource in their regional offices. Their aim is to continue their sustainable growth by employing passionate engineers that will provide the engineering quality they provide to their clients.
They have always had a firm commitment to sustainable building design and innovation and they have revolutionised many aspects of the built environment. Having designed net zero energy buildings in and they seek not to meet compliance, but to push for greater performance.
Overall a sound business model that works across multiple sectors which makes the business agile and able to cope with changing market conditions.
The role would suit an individual with 7+ years design experience gained working within a Building Services Design Consultancy undertaking Mechanical Building Services Design.
Candidates may be degree qualified or you may have worked your way up through a more practical route gaining Mechanical Building Services Design experience whilst working.
You will be expected to manage projects and client relationships and continue to develop your depth of knowledge and experience in Mechanical building systems design, project management via day to day experience and the provided CPD study.
In addition to Design, Project/Cost/Client Management duties you will also be responsible for providing critical support the Directors and will be responsible for implementing new ideas and processes to improve the design and delivery process.
Benefits for permanent staff
- Private Medical Insurance - Pension scheme - 25 days annual leave - Flexible working hours.
- Staff Benefits - (Discount restaurants, drinks, holidays, cinema, retailers etc).
- Payment of Professional Institution fees.