Intermediate Electrical Design Engineer
- Start Date
- Location City
- City of London
- Location Region
- South East
- Salary From
- £29999 - £40000
- Specialist Areas
- Electrical Building Services Design
Intermediate Electrical Design Engineer To £45K
Due to planned growth and recent promotions, a high profile global multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy are looking for an additional Electrical Design Engineer for their London office. Established in 1990’s they now employ over 200 engineers from a network of UK and international offices and provide Architecture, Civil & Structural Engineering, MEP, BIM / Virtual Engineering and Low Carbon Design services on complex projects.
Reporting to an Associate or Director, you will assist in the design and delivery of major projects across the aviation, defence, science and technology, data centre and healthcare sectors.
- Attend client meetings to interpret their requirements.
- Design all electrical services directly into Revit for small power, LV distribution, lighting, access controls, fire alarms, CCTV etc.
- Use Amtech to calculate building loads.
- Producing working drawings, drawing programmes, detailed specifications, equipment schedules and design check lists.
- Manage medium sized projects from concept to construction.
- Act as Lead Coordinator and overseeing the work of the junior and graduate engineers.
- Assist in driving projects forward to tight deadlines.
- Lead by example and ensure all disciplines continue to communicate throughout the project lifecycle.
- Assist the BIM team with producing models to BIM level 2 and COBie requirements
- Assisting in the creation of parametric families, libraries and templates.
The ideal Intermediate Electrical Design Engineer will be Degree qualified, have at least four years experience and be able to work with little supervision.
In return they offer a relaxed and friendly working environment, a clear route to Senior Engineer in as little as 24 months, flexible working hours and a comprehensive benefits package consisting of 25 days per year holiday, Private healthcare, matched pension contribution to 5%.