Principal Mechanical Engineer
- Start Date
- Location City
- City of London
- Location Region
- South East
- Salary From
- £59999 - £70000
- Specialist Areas
- Mechanical Building Services Design
Principal Mechanical Engineer £60 to £70K + Package
I’m currently looking for a Principal Mechanical (HVAC) Design Engineer for a medium sized, multi-disciplinary consultancy based in central London. They are looking for a technically sound and commercially aware Principal Engineer who can step up into an Associate role within the next 12 months.
Reporting to the Mechanical Director you will be responsible for taking a lead role technically for all Mechanical projects, mentoring the team, attending DTM’s and presentations, assisting with resource allocation and fee proposals and ensuring all projects are designed and delivered well.
- Provide design input for all complex HVAC systems design.
- Meet clients on key projects and present technical solutions.
- Attend internal and external review and progress meetings
- Prepare calculations, analysis, schematics, drawings, diagrams, models, specifications and other documents relating to each project’s designs
- Understand resources requirements, risk and technical quality to ensure delivery of effective solutions.
- Plan and execute work packages
- Ensure all HVAC designs are rigorously checked and meet the clients requirements
- Ensure that all mechanical engineering practices on site are kept up to date and within UK safety legislation.
- Provide specialist technical advice and guidance on mechanical issues.
- Ensure consistency of approach across packages.
You will enjoy working in a close knit team of Civil & Structural, Mechanical, Electrical and Public Health and Sustainability Engineers on an interesting range of projects including both new build and refurbishment commercial offices, mixed-used developments, hotels and education projects.
This role will appeal to a Principal Mechanical (Building Services) Design Engineer who is looking to step into an Associate role in the next 12 months and enjoys seeing projects through from feasibility to construction.