Environmental Designer / Building Physics Engineer
- Start Date
- Location City
- City of London
- Location Region
- South East
- Salary From
- £33000 - £42000
- Specialist Areas
- Energy, Sustainability & Building Physics
We are working with a leading, international consultancy that specialises in the design and delivery of high-performance buildings to find them an Environmental Designer / Building Physics Engineer. Offering MEP Design, Energy Modelling, Sustainability and BIM services they now employ around 500 staff and have a reputation for quality, innovation and staff development.
Based in their London office you will use a range of modelling software (such as IES VE, TAS, Revit, Hevacomp, and OpenFOAM, Fluent) to help optimise energy use and promote daylight and passive design in buildings and improve human comfort and well-being at the concept, detailed and operation stage of a building. The key elements of your role will involve;
- Undertake environmental analysis including: energy performance analysis, MEP systems simulation, compliance analysis against UK and international energy codes (Part L, ASHRAE 90.1 Appendix G),daylight, sun/shade, glare, external microclimate, CFD
- Continue to develop a broad understanding of sustainability issues as they relate to the built environment including application of LEED, BREEAM and other international benchmarking systems.
- Maintain knowledge of latest codes and regulations as they relate to environmental design.
- Manage projects to achieve Client satisfaction and profitability targets.
- Work within Team environment and be able to instruct technicians and support staff in their work as it relates to the projects under the Senior Engineer’s control.
- Illustrate concepts and prepare written reports and presentations.
- Adequately communicate thoughts and ideas to other staff, professionals and clients in verbal and written.
The ideal Environmental Designer / Building Physics Engineer will be Degree qualified, have a minimum of three years’ experience in a similar role and be technically competent in use of environmental analysis tools and software to model, predict and optimise energy use and human comfort.
This is a great opportunity to work for a high profile, stable and well respected consultancy that has already secured a long list of awards such as the world’s highest LEED score, CIBSE employer of the year and CIBSE Building performance awards.
In addition to a generous basic salary, Life Insurance, matched Pension to 5%, Private Medical Insurance, Payment of Professional Membership, ongoing CPD, 25 days annual leave and a CIBSE approved training and development program.