Junior to Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer
- Start Date
- Location City
- Location Region
- North West England
- Salary From
- £24000 - £39000
- Specialist Areas
- Mechanical Building Services Design
Junior to Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer - £24K to £39K + Package – Manchester
Human Capital Solutions is working in partnership with an award winning, UK top 20 multi-discipline property and construction consultancy. They have delivered projects in over 75 countries.
Their multi-discipline teams manage, design and oversee a range of property programmes from embassy buildings and ambassador’s residences, hotels to motor racing circuits and major mixed use developments.
The M&E division is going from strength to strength, they are 85 strong in M&E across their network of UK offices and the long term opportunities offered here are second to none for a candidate with the right attitude and focus to progress quickly through their ranks.
As the demand for their expertise continues to grow, they now have an exciting opportunity for a Junior to Intermediate level Mechanical Design Engineer, with 2 to 5 years’ design experience who is looking to rise to the challenge of working closely with an established M&E team.
The business employs a total of 600 staff, with a group turnover of £35m, they have achieved an impressive profit for the past 7 years and M&E has developed into one of their biggest growth areas.
You may have experience of running projects from conception through to completion including calculations, drawings, specifications, etc or be looking to take this next step up.
Candidates should have a minimum accredited Building Services degree or higher educational qualification (HNC/HND)
AutoCAD/IES modelling and Revit experience would be an advantage.
- Working as part of a design team delivering detailed design
- Using specialist computer-aided design (CAD) and BIM (Revit) software and other resources to design the systems required for the project
- Designing site-specific equipment as required
- Overseeing and supervising the installation of building systems and specifying maintenance and operating procedures
- Liaising closely with other professionals, including structural engineers, architects, surveyors, and contractors of in-house and external project teams
- Attending a range of project group and technical meetings
- Ensuring that the design and maintenance of building systems meets legislative and health and safety requirements
- Advising clients and architects on energy use and conservation in a range of buildings and sites, aiming to minimise the environmental impact and reduce the carbon footprint
Everyone who works in the business at whatever level is a valued member of the team. As an Investor in People our client invest heavily in their people. They continuously invest in the training and development of their staff.
- 25 days holiday
- Private Healthcare
- Subscription, assessment and membership fees for relevant professional bodies
- Life Assurance
- Pension: Standard 5% company contribution
- Highly competitive salary
- Permanent contract from day one
If this opportunity interests you, I would welcome the opportunity to discuss the role and company in detail and in confidence.