Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer (Client Side)
- Start Date
- Location City
- City of London
- Location Region
- South East
- Salary From
- £40000 - £43000
- Specialist Areas
- Mechanical Building Services Design
Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer - London – to £40K + Car, Allowace/12% Pension/Health/10%Bonus
Human Capital Solutions are working with the world’s leading global property consultancy, who provide occupiers and investors around the world with industry leading, end-to-end property solutions.
The business has a global network of offices, and is experiencing unparalleled growth and success of their other London M&E Building Services team.
You will work within a team of highly experienced and talented Engineers who have all have joined my client from leading consultancies.
You will work as part of a team undertaking full detailed design and project management a broad range of high profile commercial projects. Projects are varied and interesting and will allow you to develop an understanding of the client-side commercial property sector that will set you apart from your peers.
- Design, manage and supervise projects co-ordinating with other engineering disciplines. Carry out detailed design in accordance with industry guides. Prepare specifications, reports, design drawings and budget costs to programme. Supervise project works on site, workmanship and testing. Survey, audit and report.
- Contribute to fee, billing and profit targets
- Design, manage and supervise projects, establish client brief, technical; requirements, scope of works, cost plans and agree deliverables, i.e. report, specifications and drawings scope.
- Agree level of service, and project design duties for each project, understand relationship with fee.
- Assist with monitoring engineering/CAD resource requirement for each project.
- Carry out engineering concept design to detailed design, tender and contract on site supervision to completion, ensuring projects are undertaken in accordance with design briefs and that completion deadlines are achieved.
- Liaise with the design team to produce co-ordinated designs that are technically compliant, to a consistent quality and standard. Provide positive contribution to design/project meetings. Maintain regular in house design reviews and checks.
- Monitor and control project progress, design variations and project financial budgets.
- Manage and participate in a programme of site inspections and Building Service audits including but not limited to condition surveys, dilapidations, due diligence and acquisition reports.
- Maintain excellent client and design team relationships to achieve high levels of satisfaction and repeat business.
- Assist in developing working practices in the Company.
The role would suit an ambitious individual as the role has a clear career path to becoming a chartered engineer, whilst working towards becoming a Senior Engineer within a growing team.
The role will provide the opportunity to work alongside and network with, leading commercial client contacts and also, internal industry leaders in Project Managers, Commercial Investment Consultants, QS teams that work within the business.
As well as an enjoyable work life balance, they offer a competitive salary, car allowance, significant annual bonus, pension and a host of other flexible package options.
Please get in touch for further information and a detailed conversation regarding this opportunity.